Last year was an important one for the BirdLife Partnership. Our network grew to cover nearly two thirds of the world’s countries and territories – totaling 120 organizations and growing. Together, we did some amazing things towards creating a world where nature and people live in greater harmony, more equitably and sustainably. These include:
- 1. Stopping the slaughter of Amur Falcons in India.
- 2. Northern Bald Ibis fledge 148 chicks in the wild.
- 3. Protecting 60,000 ha of Hooded Grebe habitat in Patagonia.
- 4. Removing a killer power line in Sudan.
- 5. Saving Panama Bay from destruction.
- 6. Helping one of the rarest birds (Tahiti Monarch) on the planet.
BirdLife is currently asking people to read our list of highlights and to vote on their favourite. They can do this by using the voting button at the bottom of our news story (Nick Askew, Birdlife International)